- Is there a cap on the amount of content I can upload to my Thinkific site?
- We don't currently limit the amount of content you can upload to Thinkific.
- You can host unlimited courses with any paid plan.
Although you can upload as much content as you would like (to lessons or the Video Library), there are some limits on the size of individual files:
- Video files can be up to 2GB; useful to know for Video Library: Upload and Manage Videos and Video Lessons.
- Image files can be up to 4MB; this applies to images used in Site Builder sections and also for things like Course Cards. (The only exception to this is images uploaded to Text Lessons, which can be up to 10MB.)
- PDF files can be up to 25MB; useful to know for PDF Lessons and Presentation Lessons.
- Audio files can be up to 20MB; useful to know for Audio Lessons.
- Files for Multimedia Lessons can be up to 200MB, although we can provide some options to help upload larger files for this lesson type.
Some other useful links:
- Bulk Importer - for uploading several files at once.
- Recommended Specs for Exporting Videos - includes a link to a free tool to compress video files.
- Using Handbrake - if you're planning on including videos larger than that you'll want to run it through a service like www.handbrake.fr, or split them into smaller videos.