- Can my Course Landing Page Banner only have a Free Preview button?
- I only want the Free Preview button, no buy button or call to action
This button will appear whenever you have the dynamic default buttons enabled in your banner.
The Free Preview button will not appear in your Course Landing Page Banner if:
- The dynamic default buttons are hidden
- and you have a custom buy button in your banner
- if you are on Vogue/Vision theme version 1.18.2 and higher, or Empire theme version 1.18.3 and higher.
This means there is no built-in way of using Site Builder to only show the Free Preview button in your course banner.
Custom Banner Buttons on Updated Themes
- Add a custom button in your banner to link to your Free Preview (see Step 2)
- Follow these instructions for How to Link a Button to a Custom URL and How to Find my Free Preview Link, to set up this button link
- Check Hide default buttons (product pages) in the banner settings
Now you should only have one custom button in your banner that links to your Free Preview.
Free Preview Buttons in Site Builder Sections
If you are looking to have a button that links to your course's Free Preview in another section of your Course Landing Page, other than your course banner, one option is to use a Call to Action Site Builder Section.
- If your course pricing is set to free, and you have a Free Preview for your course, the Course Landing Page Banner will only show one dynamic default button. This button will say "Enroll for Free" if a student has not enrolled in the course, and "Resume Course" if a student has already enrolled in the course. This button can be customized by following the instructions for How to Edit Your Buy Buttons.
- You can edit the text on your Free Preview button in your Site Settings.
- If you don't see a default Free Preview button appear in your course banner when you create a Free Preview and publish your paid course, make sure to update your theme to version 1.17.1 or higher.
- If you are unable to add a customized button and no Free Preview button, make sure to update your theme to version Vogue/Vision 1.18.2 and higher, or Empire 1.18.3 and higher.