- How do banner buttons work?
- Why does my buy button automatically show a price?
- Why does button say "resume course"?
- Sales page buy buttons
Course and Bundle Landing Page Banners come with dynamic default buttons.
When you set a price for your course or bundle, a buy button linked to your checkout is automatically added to your banner. This default button is dynamic, which means it will:
- Automatically link to your course or bundle checkout
- If you have additional pricing options like a payment plan, it will display a drop-down menu for students to choose their preferred price
Only for Course Landing Page Banners
- If a student is already enrolled in the course, it will say Resume Course instead of Buy.
- Clicking this button will take enrolled students to the course in the Thinkific Course Player.
- If you have any Free Preview lessons, you'll also see a second Free Preview button displayed in the banner.
Only for Bundle Landing Page Banners
- If a student is already enrolled in the bundle, it will say Resume Bundle instead of Buy.
- Clicking this button will take enrolled students to the bundle to their Student Dashboard. From here students will be able to click on course cards to be taken to courses in the Thinkific Course Player.
Default Banner buy buttons can be overridden by checking Hide default buttons and adding a Button Block to a Course or Bundle Landing Page Banner.
- Dynamic buy buttons are only available on Course and Bundle Landing Page Banners.
- These buttons will not take visitors to your checkout unless your course is published. If a student clicks on a buy button before your course is published, the current landing page will simply refresh.
- Buttons will appear by default even when a course is not published yet. If you don't see a default button, make sure to update your theme to version 1.17.1 or higher.
- If you have your course set to Private, the default Buy button will be hidden. If a student is enrolled in a Private Course or Private Bundle, they will see the Resume Course or Resume Bundle default buttons.