Sometimes you might have created lessons in a different course that you would like to copy to a new course. Or you have a lesson like a Survey, that you would like to duplicate in your existing course in order to add it to multiple Chapters! This article will cover how to copy a lesson.
How to Copy a Lesson
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on a specific course in the Course Overview
- You will now be in the Course Curriculum area of the Course Builder
- Locate the Chapter you would like to add the Lesson to
- Click Copy lesson from
- In the first menu, select the Originating Course
- In the 2nd menu, select the Lesson title you want to copy
- The Lesson will be immediately copied and placed at the bottom of the Chapter
- Making changes to a duplicate lesson does not update lesson copies
- Note that if you are copying from a course with a lot of lessons, it may take a moment for the lesson list to finish loading. If you aren't seeing any lessons to copy, try waiting a few seconds between steps #7 and #8
The new lesson will be set to draft and have 'Copy of' appended to the title. If you are using a Drip Schedule then you will need to be sure to set the Drip for this lesson.
More About Managing Chapters and Lessons