- My student accidentally enrolled in a wrong course
- Can I change an enrollment for a student?
If your student accidentally enrolled in the wrong course, not a problem! We recommend simply manually unenrolling them from the incorrect course and then enrolling them into the new course.
You can learn more about that here:
Note that if this is a paid course and the original course is priced differently, the best approach may be to unenroll them and process a refund for the original course. You can then ask them to purchase the new course or invoice them for the correct payment in Stripe.
If a single student accidentally purchases the wrong course from the wrong course landing page, there likely isn't a larger issue with your course enrollment flow.
However, if you see multiple students being enrolled in the wrong course, or issues with course enrollments for multiple courses, we suggest troubleshooting the issue.
Issues with Automated Enrollments
Make sure to check any automated enrollment flows with:
- Zapier - click to learn more about how to check your task history in Zapier and troubleshoot zaps.
- Infusionsoft - click to learn more about how to check your Campaign Sequence and HTTP Posts.
- Thinkific's API - Advanced Programming Interface - please contact our Support Team if you're looking for help troubleshooting Thinkific's API.
Issues with Student Enrollment from Landing and Sales Pages
If you don't have any automated enrollment flows set up, we suggest testing:
- Your course landing pages - specifically check anywhere your course checkout is linked on these pages, such as customized buy buttons, Call to Action Site Builder Sections, and Upsells Site Builder Sections.
- Upsells on your Thank You Page.
- Automated email notifications and any other email marketing integrations that link to your course checkout.
- External sales pages that link to your Thinkific Checkout. Learn more about: How to Copy Your Checkout Link.
- Features to manually manage enrollments are available on our paid plans. Click here to see a comparison of the features available on different Thinkific plans.