Capture emails from potential students with this easy sign-up form.
In this article:
About This Section
The Lead Capture section provides an easy way for your site visitors to enter their email address, in order to be informed of future deals, course releases, or similar activity. It's a great way to capitalize on interest from prospective students, in those cases where you cannot convert them into an immediate sale — whether they are waiting for the right course to launch, or aren't able or willing to commit to the purchase for other reasons.
Once a visitor enters their email, it is automatically added to your Leads section in Thinkific. For more about how to manage those leads, and what sort of things you can do with them, read our article on Managing Leads.
Where to Use This Section
The most common place to deploy a Lead Capture section is on a Coming Soon page, or on your Home Page prior to launching your first courses. See our article on How to Capture Leads with a Coming Soon Page for a more detailed guide.
Adding a Lead Capture Section
- In Site Builder, navigate to the page where you want to add the section
- Click Add section and select Lead Capture from the list
- Optional: Rearrange the position of the new section, if necessary
- Click on Lead Capture to open the section settings
- Click on Headings to customize your messaging
- Optional: Click Checkbox if you want to adjust the wording on the confirmation checkbox, or hide the checkbox entirely
- Click Save to apply your changes
Settings: The Image height setting controls the overall height of the section; if your images appear to be cropped vertically, try changing this setting to Medium or Large.
Image: You can Upload or Remove image to change the image file being used, and add Image alt text to your images to improve accessibility.
For in-depth examples of our different Themes and Styles in action, check out our Theme Demo Site. Use the buttons along the bottom of the page to browse all the different possibilities!