When you set your course pricing, you have the option to limit the amount of days that new sign ups will have access to your course.
About This Feature
When an enrollment duration is set, any students who enroll in your course through the Thinkific checkout will automatically lose access to your course after the amount of days specified in your enrollment duration settings.
You can set enrollment duration by number of days. For example; if your enrollment duration is 30 days and a student enrolls on Jan 1st, they will automatically lose access to the course on Jan 31st.
Enrollment duration is optional and set at a per price level. This means you can apply an enrollment duration for your primary course price as well as any additional prices for your course. If there is no enrollment duration set for your price, any students who enroll will have unlimited access to your course.
How to Set Enrollment Duration
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on the image of the course you want to edit
- Select Pricing
- If you haven't set a price yet, see Set Your Course Pricing
- If you have already set a price, click the ellipses (3 dot icon) on your pricing option
- Click Edit
- Under Enrollment Duration, input your desired number of days
- Click Save
- Enrollment duration can only be set when using the Thinkific checkout. This means you will need to use one of our built in payment integrations.
- Enrollment duration is optional and set at a per price level. If you have multiple pricing options, you can set a duration for each pricing option.
- We don't recommend including an enrollment duration if you are selling your course as a pre-order because the day count will begin as soon as the course is purchased. If you want to remove access to pre-order students at a later date, check out Bulk Unenroll.
- If you change your enrollment duration, the new duration will only apply to new enrollments. If you want to edit a previous student's enrollment duration, you can always manually adjust their expiry date: How to Edit a Student's Course Expiry Date
- Enrollment duration is not applied for manual enrollments. If you need edit an enrollment duration for a student that was manually enrolled, see: How to Edit a Student's Course Expiry Date
- If you are setting up a Payment Plan for your course, make sure to review Enrollment Duration Considerations
- If you expect your students to retake your course after their enrollment expires, see: How can a student repeat a course?