Once you have installed a Site Builder theme, check out how to navigate in Site Builder and where to access the various site pages you would like to customize.
Does your Site Builder look different? Thinkific is currently trying out some improvements to our Site Builder, as part of our ongoing effort to improve our product. As a result, some of our customers may be seeing a different version of the Site Builder landing page, called Site Pages. If that’s you, please take a look at this article, which explains some of the key differences.
In This Article:
What is Site Builder?
Site Builder is the tool you use to customize all of your external facing site pages from your home page to course landing pages as well as branding settings like your fonts and colors.
Learn more here: Site Builder Overview
What pages are available?
You can preview and customize all of your site pages in Site Builder. The following pages are available within Site Builder:
- Home Page - This is the first page students will see when visiting your site
- Course Landing Pages and Bundle Landing Pages - Every product that you sell through Thinkific will have its own sales page. This is your opportunity to showcase your course and prompt your leads to hit that sign up button!
- Default Pages - Includes various site pages that assist with the core functionality of your Thinkific site from your checkout pages to your Student Dashboard.
- Custom Pages - You can create additional custom pages on your site like an about page, contact us page or anything else you'd like to add!
- Header and Footer - Your header and footer are not specific pages, but appear on every page of your site. A header runs across the top of the page and a footer runs across the bottom of the page.
How to Navigate Site Builder
To access Site Builder:
- Go to Design Your Site
- Select Site Builder
If you need to exit Site Builder to return to your Admin Dashboard, simply click the X on the top left of Site Builder:
Once you are in Site Builder, you can use the left menu to navigate to specific pages. In the Pages tab, you'll have the following options:
- Home page - Click Home page to edit your main home page as well as your header and footer.
- Courses - Click Courses to see a list of all your course landing pages. You can then click the page with the name of your course to edit that page directly.
- Bundles - Click Bundles to see a list of all your bundle landing pages. You can then click the page with the name of your bundle to edit that page directly.
- Default Pages - Click Default Pages to see a list of all your default pages. You can then click a page name to edit that page directly.
- Custom Pages - Click Custom Pages to see a list of all your custom pages as well as the option create new pages. You can then click a page name to edit that page directly.
To return to a previous menu, you can click the Back arrow:
Site Builder Sections
Each page in Site Builder is made up of Site Builder Sections. These include everything from banners and pricing to your call to action. Once you navigate to a page in Site Builder, you'll see various sections added to your page by default as well as have the option to add or remove sections.
Simply click on a section name in the left menu to start customizing it:
You can also hover over a Site Builder section that is visible within the site preview displayed on the right and click the pencil icon to immediately reveal the corresponding section in the left menu:
You can also edit your theme style, colors, fonts, and favicon image directly in Site Builder. Changes made to your theme settings will apply to all pages on your site.
- Click the Theme settings tab
- Select Styles, Site preview refresh, Colors, Typography or Favicon to reveal each menu and start customizing!
Learn more about customization options here: Theme Settings