Provide your students with social login options when they sign up for your site!
You can allow your students to conveniently access your Thinkific course site by enabling login via Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and Apple.
How to Turn On Social Login
- Go to Settings on your Thinkific Admin Dashboard
- Select the Orders and accounts tab
- Under Social login, check off the box for any of the social login options you would like available
Once enabled, your students can choose to log in with these options on your sign-in and sign-up pages.
- A student can only use a social login or an email/password login, not both. If a student later decides they prefer to have an email/password combination instead of social login, you can encourage them to use the reset password option on your sign-in page. Learn more about that in How can students change their passwords?
- Once an email/password has been set, they will no longer be able to use the social login.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will students still need to enter the required custom fields when creating their account this way?
Students will still need to fill in any required Custom Fields as part of the signup process on your site. After using their social login to create their account they will be brought to a second page with these custom fields where they can enter their information.
Will their student login information still show on the Users page?
Students' information will still show in the Users Report, where you'll find the email address associated with their social account as well as any information required in your site's custom fields.
What happens if I disable this option down the line?
If you choose to disable the social login option, students that currently use this method will no longer see the option and may be confused about how to sign in. We recommend letting students know in advance of the change so that they will know to use the reset password option on your sign-in page in order to create an email/password login.