Students can reset their own password if they have forgotten it or edit an existing password while they are logged in.
In this article:
Editing Passwords for Students Currently Logged In
Students can reset their passwords from their My Account page:
- Login to Thinkific site
- Click avatar in the top-right header
- Click My Account
- Select Password on the left menu
- Input new password under Change Password and Retype Password
- Input original password under Current Password
- Click Update
Reset a Forgotten Password
If your student can't login because they don't know their password or forgot their password, they can reset it in a few different ways.
Forgot Password Option on the Sign In Page
The Sign In page has a Forgot Password link that students can use to reset their passwords. The link will be formatted: https://yoursite.thinkific.com/users/password/new
You can replace yoursite.thinkific.com with your Thinkific URL and send this link to your student!
Your student can also navigate to their page on their own:
- Click Sign in on the site header
- Click Forgot password
- Input email address
- Click Submit
If your students are having any issues resetting their passwords, make sure to ask them to:
- Search your Inbox and Spam folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure that email@example.com is added to your safe sender list in your email provider
- Make sure you use the Forgot Password option on the course creator Thinkific URL, resetting at Thinkific.com will not work for students
- If you see Error: reset token failed, this usually happens when clicking Forgot my password many times and attempting to use an old link. It can also happen if you click on a link that is over 6 hours old. We recommend clicking Forgot my password one more time and use the most recent email only.