Plus plans offer tiered pricing, allowing you to choose the option that best fits your needs based on the number of students. This article explains what exactly is meant by the term current (also known as active) students, so you can better understand and manage your enrollments.
What is a current student?
A current student, also known as an active student, is a unique student that has unexpired access to a course. The following also applies:
- An individual student who is enrolled in one or more courses will count as one current student.
- Students enrolled in Free courses count as current students.
- Students enrolled in Free Trial on a subscription pricing option also count as current.
- A student enrolled in a Free Preview does not count as a current student.
- A student who has reached 100% completion will still count as a current student if their enrollment has not yet expired.
Frequently Asked Questions
What options do I have for manually controlling my current student numbers?
There are a few ways you have control over your current student numbers:
- When you Set Your Product Pricing, you will have the option to automatically expire enrollment after a set number of days. This can also be applied to Free products in the Days Until Expiry field (available in the Pricing settings for courses, communities, and bundles & memberships):
Learn more here: How to Set an Enrollment Duration
- If you have a large number of current students whom you would like to expire enrollments for, this can be done with our Bulk Unenroll feature.
- If you have an individual student that you would like to expire enrollment for, this can be done within the User's detail page. Learn how to unenroll individual students here.
If the student signed up for an account but didn’t enroll in any products, would this be called a current student?
This would not count as a current student. A user must be enrolled in a product to count as a current student.
If the student’s product is expired, are they still a current student?
If every product the student has enrolled in is expired, they are not a current student.
If the student has enrolled in a course but the progress shows 0% for a long period of time (that means the student didn’t attempt any classes regardless of all the reminders), is it still a current student if their course is not expired yet?
This still counts as a current student specifically because the enrollment is not expired. If you are concerned about this behavior, you can consider setting an enrollment duration for the course.
How can I see how many current students I currently have?
You can filter for current students on your Users page:
- Go to Support Your Students
- Select Users
- Select Filters on the top right
- In your Filter options, select Enrollment status in the first dropdown and is active in the second dropdown
Where can I find my current students limit for my Thinkific plan?
If you are on a Plus plan, please check your contract or contact your Customer Success Manager.