Thinkific Communities allow you to bring your students together, in one place, to share knowledge, answer questions, and learn from one another. Today, your members can easily see and engage in conversations in your Community with web-app notifications
In this article:
About This Feature
Web-App Notifications allow you and your members to stay connected by notifying them, through your site, about new conversations in the Community! Build and manage a thriving online community through active conversations, lively discussions, and new connections to grow your business and ensure that no matter where your members are, they know what is going on in your community.
How It Works
With web-app notifications in your Community, your learners can quickly see when others have responded to their posts and comments with threaded replies, or if they’ve been invited to join another conversation through @ mentions of their profile. These notifications serve as a reminder to jump in and continue the conversation; encouraging engagement and momentum in your community.
There are 4 types of Web-App Notifications:
- When a member is added to a Community
- When someone mentions you or a member in a post
- When someone comments on your or a member’s post
- When someone replies to your or a member’s comment
These notifications can be found in the notification center in the top-right corner of your site header. Once opened, you and your members can navigate to the original post with a click of a button without having to remember where the conversation started. Web-App Notifications make it easy to stay updated and engaged.
Notifications are only available for creators who have one or more communities available. If you have not created a community yet, you will not see the notification bell icon or notification panel.
- This version of web-app notifications will not include one-to-many notifications, meaning if you or a member posts in your Community, your entire Community will not receive a notification.
- The Communities Notification Center is not accessible within Course Player.
- Web-App Notifications are not supported for Live Events at this time.
- Community notifications are currently only available for creators with one or more communities. If you have not created a community, you will not see the notification panel.
Accessing Your Notifications
- Log in to your account
- Click on the Notifications bell icon in the top-right corner of your account
- Select a notification to view the update
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my Community members receive a notification if I post in my Community?
At this time, web-app notifications are one-to-one only. This means when a member comments on another member’s post with a threaded reply, or if a member has been invited to join another conversation through @ mentions, that individual will receive a notification. In the future, we plan to roll out one-to-many notifications, which will notify your entire community when you make a post.
Will my Community members receive email notifications too?