As of May 19th 2022, all new Creators located in Canada or the USA who sign up for Free and Basic plans will have Thinkific Payments set as their default payment processor. As of June 10th 2022, all new UK (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) creators who sign up for Free and Basic plans will also have Thinkific Payments set as their default payment processor. Learn more about this update: Thinkific Payments Updates: What to Know
- Can I use Apple Pay and Google Pay with Stripe?
- Can I use Apple Pay and Google Pay with Thinkific Payments?
- Does Thinkific support digital wallets?
Currently, our Stripe Integration only accepts major credit card (Visa, Master Card, Amex) payments.
If you would like to use Apple Pay or Google Pay to accept payments and cannot, or have chosen not to process payments through Thinkific Payments, we suggest that you consider an external payment setup. For more information about this:
- External Payment Solution: What to Consider
- External Payment Solution: Managing Enrollments
- External Payment Solution: Recommended Thinkific Set Up
Frequently Asked Questions
For Apple and Google Pay to be available at checkout:
- You must be processing payment through Thinkific Payments.
- The purchase has to be made on a supported web browser. Apple Pay is only available on Safari (version 10.1+) and Google Pay is only available on Google Chrome (version 61+).
- The Student making the purchase, has to have already set up an Apple or Google Pay account.
- Google Pay only: Chrome extensions that disables the default "Payment Methods" in Chrome will need to be disabled.