Use student reviews to promote your course and build trust in your personal brand!
In this article:
Adding a Social Proof: Reviews Section
About This Section
One of three Social proof sections, the Social proof: reviews section highlights existing reviews submitted by your students. You can select multiple reviews to show, though depending on your Theme and Style, the section may not be able to display them all at once; additional reviews will be accessible to visitors via a carousel-style scroll.
Social proof sections are a great way to demonstrate to visitors that your products provide real benefits, and that other students have already taken your products and found them to be valuable. They help build trust in your brand, and create enthusiasm for your products.
Where to Use This Section
- Course landing page
- Community landing page
- Bundle landing page
- Coming soon page
- Home page
- Custom pages
You can use a Social proof: reviews section on specific course landing pages, community landing pages, bundle pages, or even on your Home Page; it all depends how you want to use them, and what kind of reviews you have available.
Adding a Social Proof: Reviews Section
- From your Admin Dashboard, select Design Your Site
- In Site Pages, select the page where you want to add the section
- Click the pencil icon to edit this page in Site Builder:
- Click Add section and select Social proof: reviews from the list:
- The new Social proof: reviews section card should appear at the bottom of your sections; drag the cards to rearrange the position of the sections if necessary
- Click on Social proof: reviews to open the section settings
- Click on the Add product review button; a new card will appear in the Blocks section
- Click on the Product review card and choose the product you want to pull a review from
- Click on the drop-down list to search or choose the review you want to display
- Optional: Repeat steps 5-7 to add any additional reviews you want to include in the section; you can reorder the reviews by dragging and dropping the individual cards
- Optional: Customize the section as required (see below for options)
- Click Save to save your changes
Settings: The show instructor email checkbox controls whether or not to include an email link in the instructor's profile.
Headings: The heading is the title for the entire section, and the subheading appears directly below the heading. Alignment controls the alignment of the heading and subheading.
Layout: You can remove top or bottom section padding if there appears to be too much space between this and adjacent sections.
Product review: Select the Product you wish to profile from the drop-down, then the individual Review you want to use. You can Add product reviews if you want to feature multiple reviews; the section will include a carousel control to allow visitors to scroll through all the reviews you choose.
- Your students will have had to submit some course reviews before you can use this section. While it is possible to generate reviews from a test student account or similar, we recommend the real thing!
- Make sure you have reviewed and approved the submitted reviews, so you can pick out the ones that best represent your course. You can also edit the reviews, if you need to correct any typos or confusing grammar.
For in-depth examples of our different Themes and Styles in action, check out our Theme Demo Site. Use the buttons along the bottom of the page to browse all the different possibilities!
Frequently Asked Questions
I have reviews from off-line or previous versions of my courses, but they're not in Thinkific; can I use them somehow?
Absolutely, but in that case we'd recommend using the Social proof: testimonials section, which allows you to enter any text you want (and also include an image.) The testimonials section is more appropriate for student testimonials about you or your courses in general, that aren't specific to a particular course.
More About Site Builder Sections
List of All Available Site Builder Sections
Move/Rearrange a Site Builder Section