Use an Upsells section to sell additional courses or bundles, and turn a one-time student into an ongoing customer.
In this article:
About This Section
The Upsells section allows you to feature specific courses you want to sell, as part of a related course page or checkout process. Upsells can allow you to convert the momentum of a single sale into additional purchases; whether it's an ongoing subscription, a related course, or a bundle that includes the original course.
Where to Use This Section
You can add Upsells sections on the landing pages for your most popular courses; this can be a great way to get extra eyes on a new course offering, especially if it relates directly to the more established course. Similarly, including this section on a course that is currently only available for pre-order is a great way to capture sales from new students who want to get going right away.
You may have noticed an Upsells [smart section] on your checkout page. This is different from the Upsells section described in this article. The Upsells [smart section] is automatically present on your Checkout - Thank you page.
It is unique to the checkout and only visible when you make use of an After Purchase Flow on a specific course. If you want to modify the behavior of the smart section, check out this article on Adding Upsells to Your Thank You Page.
Adding an Upsells Section
- In Site Builder, navigate to the page where you want to add the section
- Click Add section and select Upsells from the list
- Optional: Rearrange the position of the new section, if necessary
- Click on Upsells to open the section settings
- Click on the Add upsell button; a new card will appear in the Blocks section
- Click on the Upsell card and choose the Product and Checkout price you want to feature
- Optional: Customize the section as required (see below for options)
- Optional: Repeat steps 5-7 to add any additional products you want to include in the section; you can reorder the products by dragging and dropping the individual cards
- Click Save to apply your changes
Headings: The heading is the title for the entire section, and the subheading appears directly below the heading. Alignment controls the alignment of the heading and subheading.
Layout: You can remove top or bottom section padding if there appears to be too much space between this and adjacent sections.
Upsell - Icon: You can choose an icon to represent your course in the Upsell. Note that this customization will not display in all Themes & Styles.
Upsell - Product & price: Choose the Product you want to upsell, and pick a Checkout price if you have multiple pricing options.
Upsell - Button text: You can change the button text and button style, if necessary.
Upsell - Description & Image: Adding a Description can help sell the product, and some Themes & Styles allow you to feature an Image as well, to really make the upsell pop. Use an image with approximately 1:1.3 ratio for best results.
For in-depth examples of our different Themes and Styles in action, check out our Theme Demo Site. Use the buttons along the bottom of the page to browse all the different possibilities!