Use the Text & media section to display any combination of text, images, video or audio you want — perfect for those great ideas that don't quite fit into any other section!
In this article:
About This Section
The Text & media section is the closest thing the Site Builder has to an all-purpose section, and is your go-to option when you have an idea that doesn't quite fit into any other section. Whether it's a complicated layout, an unusual combination of media, embedding third-party content, or some custom HTML, the Text & media section can help you make it happen.
Where to Use This Section
Because the Text & media section can be used for so many things, there's no one place you're more likely to use it than others — it all depends what you're going to use it for.
Adding a Text & Media Section
- In Site Builder, navigate to the page where you want to add the section
- Click Add section and select Text & Media from the list
- Optional: Drag the sections to [rearrange the position] of the sections if necessary
- Click on Text & Media to open the section settings
- Customize the Headings and main Content as required (see below for options)
- Click Save to apply your changes
Headings: The heading is the title for the entire section, and the subheading appears directly above below the heading (depending on your Theme). Alignment controls the alignment of the heading and subheading.
Background & Layout: You can remove top or bottom section padding if there appears to be too much space between this and adjacent sections. Vogue also provides a background option to change your background color.
Content: The Content section includes a full text editor. Along with the basic text and layout formatting, your options include:
- Insert video will allow you insert a video from your Thinkific video library
- Upload file will upload a file, which will appear as an attachment link in the section
- Code view allows you to view and edit the Content area html directly, which can be handy for creating custom code solutions, embedding video and other content from third-party sites, or getting that layout you're building just right.
While Text & Media sections are the go-to section for custom html layouts & other solutions, we do not provide direct support for code customizations. If you are looking for any further assistance with custom code, we have some wonderful freelance web developers on our Thinkific Experts page who you can reach out to if you need! There's also the Thinkific Store on Fiverr, for smaller, quicker jobs.
You can see more details on editing theme code here: Custom Themes (For Developers).
For in-depth examples of our different Themes and Styles in action, check out our Theme Demo Site. Use the buttons along the bottom of the page to browse all the different possibilities!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a Text & Media section to include content from other sites on my pages?
Yes, absolutely — this is one of the most common uses of the Text & Media section. So much so that we have a number of different articles to help cover all the different things you might want to embed on your page. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- How to Embed Content on a Thinkific Landing Page
- How to Add Video to a Landing Page
- Embed a YouTube Video on Your Thinkific Site
- Can I embed Facebook Live on my site?