- Can I track conversions and events from Pinterest Tags on my Thinkific site?
Setting this up requires a few steps from within your Pinterest Ads account, as well as on your Thinkific site.
- Log into your Pinterest Ads account
- Click Ads
- Select Conversions
- Click Install the Tag
- Select Manually add tag to website
To Track Conversions:
- Click Install the base code
- Copy the snippet
- In Thinkific, paste the snippet into your Site Footer Code. Access to the Site Footer Code is available on the Basic plan or higher
To track Events:
You may chose to track specific events on your Thinkific site, which requires further customization. Pinterest offers code for the following types of events that are compatible with the way your Thinkific site is structured:
- Add to Cart
- Page Visit
- Sign Up
- View Category
- Custom Events
Pinterest provides these snippets under the heading Install the event code. You'll want to be sure you customize the fields on the left such as value, order_quantity and currency to ensure your tracking is set up according to what you are looking to view!
For each of these events, you'll add the provided snippets to the Meta Tags in the Snippets section of the theme code of your Thinkific site.
- Navigate to Design Your Site
- Click Theme Library
- Click the three ellipses
- Select Edit Code
- Select Snippets > Meta Tags
From there, you'll want to paste the snippet under the appropriate page within the meta tags. Here are some examples:
- To track Checkout, paste snippet under checkout_thankyou_page
- To track AddToCart, paste snippet under checkout_page
- To track SignUp, paste snippet under sign_up_page
- To track ViewCategory, paste snippet under collection_landing_page
You can download the Pinterest Tag Helper to ensure that your tracking is working correctly on your Thinkific site!