This feature is completely optional and great if you are looking to include a short description or additional context for your students.
How to Add Text to Your Video Lesson
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on a specific course in the Course Overview
- You will now be in the Course Curriculum area of the Course Builder
- On the left-hand side, click the Video lesson you want to edit or create a new lesson
- In the Video lesson settings, scroll down to Add text Optional
- Click to open the Text Editor
- Input your text as desired
- Click Save
To see what your text looks like, make sure to preview your course as student!
- This is not available with the Legacy Course Player. If you are not seeing this option, see how to update your Course Player here!
- Text will always appear under the video in your lesson.
- It's best to keep text in your Video lesson short and sweet! We find that students have higher engagement when they have a single type of content to focus on per lesson. If you have a lot of text, we recommend including it in a separate Text lesson that follows your Video lesson instead!
- If you have enabled Video Lesson Autoplay for this course, videos with text included will have autoplay disabled by default to prevent students from missing your additional text. Students will still see a prompt in the video to continue to the next lesson: