At any time during the course creation process, it's easy for you to take a sneak peak at your Thinkific site and test your course as a student. Below, we'll show you how!
In this article:
Preview Your Course Player
You'll have 3 different preview options to choose from:
- Preview current lesson: This will display the lesson that you currently have selected in the Course Builder. If the lesson is a draft, you will be able to see it for testing purposes.
- Preview all course lessons: This will show you all of your lessons starting from the very first lesson in the course. If any lessons are draft, you will be able to see them for testing purposes.
- Preview course as an enrolled student: This will show you all of your lessons starting from the very first lesson in the course. Just like how a student would experience your course, if any lessons are draft, you will not be able to see them!
One exception when previewing as an enrolled student is prerequisite lessons. To simplify testing, prerequisite lessons do not apply. You will be able to navigate freely through the course.
How to Preview Your Course Player
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on the course you want to preview
- From here, you'll see Preview on the top right
- If you don't have a lesson currently selected, you have the option to Preview all course lessons or Preview course as an enrolled student
- If you'd like to preview a specific lesson, simply click on lesson and then you can Preview current lesson
All options will open up the Course Player in a new tab within your browser, allowing you to run through your entire course as a student! When you're done previewing, you can simply close this browser tab and return your Admin area.
Preview and Edit Your Course Landing Page
As you're working on a new course, you can edit and preview what your landing page will look like by clicking on Build Landing Page in the top right corner of the Course Builder while you're working on building your course.
Preview Your Thinkific Course Site
If you'd like to check in on how your site is looking, you can do that from your Admin Dashboard by:
- Go to Design Your Site
- Select Preview website
This will take you to your site landing page, which is where your courses and bundles will be listed once published.
When you're ready to head back to the Admin Dashboard you can choose to Return to your dashboard option at the bottom banner or select the Admin link in the dropdown menu when you click on your name in the top right corner.
Looking to test your checkout? Learn how here: Test Your Course Checkout