Send emails to multiple students at once from directly within Thinkific!
About This Feature
The Mass User Email feature allows you to bulk email a message to a large number of users at once, directly from the Users page. This is a very powerful tool, especially when combined with the Filters in the Users Section, as you can target groups of students based on those segments.
Here are some examples of how you could segment your users to connect with targeted groups:
- Distribute coupons for your course to a specific audience, and then segment your Users by new students. This will allow you to see who signed up using that coupon code, and contact them with a targeted message.
- Segment users who signed up for a free preview, but didn't purchase the full course following their preview.
- Contact students who didn't complete a course, and haven't logged in since a certain date.
- When you update a course with new content, email students who have previously purchased the course to let them know that their course has been updated.
- Contact all users who signed up from the same company email domain.
- View all students who have made purchases. This group is the most likely to buy again in the future!
- Notify your affiliates of changes to your program that will help them promote and sell your courses.
How to Send a Mass Email
If you are experiencing issues with this feature, please contact our Support team.
This section covers how to send an email to more than one student. If you want to send an email to an individual student, check out How to Send an Email to a Student.
- From your Admin dashboard, click Users. Here you will see a complete list of your students, and their email addresses.
- Click the checkbox at the top of the list to select all of the students at once:
(Optional) To remove a student from the email list, uncheck their name. You can also select Filters to filter users by course enrollment, enrollment status, coupons used, and other options (listed in the dropdown menu).
- Click the Message button beside the checkbox.
- Compose your message, and add a subject line.
(Optional) You can also use the variables listed at the bottom of the message window to automatically pull in the student's name and email.
Note: Mass User Emails are not saved within your dashboard. You can click Send this email to me to have a copy of your email sent to your email address on file. Using this option will send you a copy of the email, but other recipients will be blind copied (BCC'd), meaning you will not be able to see these recipients on your email copy. Read more about How to See Mass Emails.
- (Optional) To send a test copy to yourself, click the Send Test button at the bottom, before you send it out to the selected users.
- After you click Send, you will see a confirmation message popup, verifying that the message was sent.
You have now successfully sent your email! If you would like more information about the Mass User Email feature, please reach out here.