Assignment lessons are great for any type of homework that you would like a student to submit for approval!
In order for an assignment lesson to count towards course completion, the lesson must be approved by a Site Admin or Course Admin. You might consider also making it a Prerequisite Lesson, which means it must be completed and approved before a student can move on to the next chapter in your course!
For details on Managing Assignments, see HERE.
To Create an Assignments Lesson
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on a specific course in the Course Overview to open the Course Builder
- Navigate to your desired chapter and click Add Lesson
- Select Assignment
Add Your Assignment Details
- Add an Assignment title for your lesson.
- Include a Content description to give your students context around the lesson requirements.
- Upload a template file by using the Drag and Drop or Select Files option. This can be any file type from a document template your students can fill out, to an example file!
- Fill out the maximum file size under Student submissions. Max file size per upload is 100MB.
- Add a Confirmation message which will appear when a student has successfully uploaded their assignment.
- Click Save and you are all set!
To take a look at the lesson, you can preview your course as a student!