Assignment lessons are great for any type of homework that you would like a student to submit for approval and provide an opportunity for student feedback!
In this article:
About This Feature
Assignment lessons allow your students to submit homework that needs to be approved before they can complete your course. This works great if you have specific submission requirements for your course or want to assess assignments and provide individual student feedback.
In order for an assignment lesson to count towards course completion, the lesson must be approved by a Site Admin or Course Admin. You might consider also making it a Prerequisite Lesson, which means it must be completed and approved before a student can move on to the next chapter in your course!
For details on Managing Assignments, see Managing Assignments.
How to Create an Assignments Lesson
- Go to Manage Learning Products
- Select Courses
- Select the Course you want to add your lesson to
- Navigate to your desired chapter and click Add Lesson
- Select Assignment
Add Your Assignment Details
- Add an Assignment title for your lesson.
- Include a Content description, to give your students context around the lesson requirements.
- Optional: Upload a template file by using the Drag and Drop or Select Files option.
This can be any file type from a document template your students can fill out, to an example file!
- Fill out the maximum file size under Student submissions. Max file size per upload is 100MB.
- Add a Confirmation message. This will appear when a student has successfully uploaded their assignment.
- Click Save, and you are all set!
To take a look at the lesson, you can preview your course as a student!
Deleting an assignment lesson will also delete the assignments that have been submitted. If you are planning to delete an assignment lesson at any point, we suggest setting it to a draft lesson instead. This ensures previous student assignments are not lost and can still be accessed.
- You can only upload a single example file per assignment and students can only submit 1 file. If you have multiple files, you can always create a zip file and upload that.
- There is a maximum file size limit of 100MB
- We currently do not support .feature files however, students can zip the file, and then upload the .zip file in order to upload to an assignment lesson
- The Site Owner and Site Admin can receive notifications for assignment submissions if turned on in your notification settings
- Course Admins can manage assignments
- Deleting an Assignment lesson will delete all previous submissions. Learn more here for recommendations on managing and making updates to existing Assignments.
Accepted File Types
Thinkific App Store
If you are looking for an alternative to Thinkific's Assignment lesson type available on all Thinkific plans you can also checkout Wobo in the Thinkific App Store. Wobo empowers student note-taking and allows them to retain their work in a custom digital workbook.