- How to Embed a Google Drive Folder into a Multimedia Lesson
- Google Drive Folder Lesson
- Iframe Google Drive Folder
A Google Drive Folder can be embedded in a Multimedia Lesson with these steps:
- Add a multimedia lesson to your course
- Set your Google Drive Folder settings to give access to Anyone with the link
- Optional: in your Google Drive Folder settings choose whether people with the link can edit or view folder content
- Click Get link in your Google Drive Folder and click Copy Link
- Your link should look similar to this: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/STRING_OF_NUMBERS_&_LETTERS?usp=sharing. Copy the string of numbers and letters; this is your Folder ID
- Replace FOLDERID in this URL with your string of numbers and letters from step 5: https://drive.google.com/embeddedfolderview?id=FOLDERID#list
- Copy and paste the URL, with your Folder ID added, into the Use externally hosted content URL field in your Multimedia Lesson
- Save the lesson
You can test how this looks for students by Previewing your Course as a Student from the The Thinkific Course Builder.
- If your Google Drive Folder is empty, the Multimedia Lesson in Thinkific will appear as a blank page. Try adding files to the folder in Google Drive to test how files will look to students.
- How students interact with the content in your folder will depend on the edit/view permissions you set in Google Drive.
Learn More About
How to Embed Content on a Thinkific Landing Page