Use this horizontal list of icons & text to highlight different course topics, talk up your instructors, or list all the benefits of signing up for your courses!
In this article:
About This Section
The Icon & Text section allows you to create a horizontal list of items, assigning each item on the list a visual icon as well as a text description. While the icons provide a little visual variety, this section is really about the words: use it whenever you want to create an appealing list of items that can be easily scanned. Example could lists include: the three main things a student will learn to do in a course, the four guiding principles of your educational philosophy, or the different levels of expertise your courses are geared towards.
Where to Use This Section
This versatile section can be used anywhere you have a list of things you want to talk about, or use to promote your courses or your site.
The Bonus Material section is a slightly more specialized version of this Icons & Text section; it doesn't allow you list as many items, but it does provide some additional options, including the ability to upload a background image for the section!
Adding an Icons & Text Section
- In Site Builder, navigate to the page where you want to add the section
- Click Add section and select Icons & Text from the list
- Optional: Rearrange the position of the new section, if necessary
- Click on Icons & Text to open the section settings
- Click Add icon & text; a new card will appear in the Blocks section
- Click the Icon & text card and choose the icon you want to use for that item
- Adjust the Name and Description of the item as appropriate
- Optional: Repeat steps 5-7 to add any additional Icon & text items you want to include in the section; you can reorder the items by dragging and dropping the individual cards
- Optional: Customize the section as necessary (see below for options)
- Click Save to apply your changes
Headings: The heading is the title for the entire section, and the subheading appears directly above or below the heading (depending on your Theme). Alignment controls the alignment of the heading and subheading.
Layout: You can remove top or bottom section padding if there appears to be too much space between this and adjacent sections. In Vogue themes, you can also set the background Color as the Primary or Secondary theme color.
Icon & text: Select the Icon you want to associate with the item. The Name and Description will generally appear below the icon in the section, though the layout will be slightly different depending on your Theme & Style.
For in-depth examples of our different Themes and Styles in action, check out our Theme Demo Site. Use the buttons along the bottom of the page to browse all the different possibilities!