Use this professional looking image gallery to show off your visual content, and add variety to text-heavy pages!
In this article:
About This Section
The Image Gallery section arranges up to three images horizontally across the entire width of the page. It can be used as a simple visual break, to illustrate related visual ideas, or to provide additional context for nearby text-focused sections.
Where to Use This Section
The Image Gallery section can be used on most pages, for a wide variety of purposes. The best place to use it will often depend on what kind of visual content you have on-hand; let the images be your guide!
The Image Gallery section does not allow you to add a header or text overlay (though you can use images that include text) — if you want a visually-focused section that includes text, or even a button, consider using the Image & text (with CTA) or Banner sections instead.
Adding an Image Gallery Section
- From your Admin Dashboard, select Design Your Site
- In Site Pages, select the page where you want to add the section
- Click the pencil icon to edit this page in Site Builder:
- Click Add section and select Image Gallery from the list
Optional: Rearrange the position of the new section, if necessary
- Click on Image Gallery to open the section settings
- Click on Image to open the individual image card
- Click Upload Image and select the image you want to upload
- Repeat steps 5-6 for each image you want to include; you can reorder the reviews by dragging and dropping the individual cards
Optional: You can click Delete block within an image card to remove that card from the gallery
Optional: Customize the section as required (see below for options)
- Click Save to apply your changes
Settings: The Image height setting controls the overall height of the section; if your images appear to be cropped vertically, try changing this setting to Medium or Large.
Image: You can Upload or Remove image to change the image file being used, and add Image alt text to your images to improve accessibility. Image files cannot be larger than 4MB.
For in-depth examples of our different Themes and Styles in action, check out our Theme Demo Site. Use the buttons along the bottom of the page to browse all the different possibilities!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my images being cropped?
The Image Gallery section works best with landscape-oriented or square images; if the images are too tall relative to the width of the section, they will automatically be cropped to fit. Adjusting the Image height setting to match your image dimensions can help resolve this issue, but in some cases it will make more sense to crop your image files yourself to achieve the look you want.