You can link a button to your site sign up page, which is the default page that students can use to create a new account!
This article is for anyone using a Site Builder compatible theme.
Why link to the sign up page?
Students are required to sign up for an account while they are purchasing or enrolling into your course. However, sometimes you might want to direct a student to create an account before they enroll into a course.
You can use the sign up page if you specifically need students to create an account before they will be enrolled into a course. For example, you might have a Private course and will be manually enrolling students, but want them to create their own account. Or perhaps you have affiliates that will be marketing your course, but do not actually need to enroll in any courses.
How to Link a Button to the Sign Up Page
- From your Admin Dashboard, select Design Your Site
- In Site Pages, select a page to open in Site builder by clicking the pencil icon
- Add a section or locate your desired section
- Click on the section name to view details
- Click on the Button block
- In the Text field, input your desired button text
- In the Link field, select Another page...
- In the Page field, select Sign up
- Click Save
Depending on the Section you are editing, you will see some additional customization options for your button. Learn about that here: Site Builder Buttons
Testing Your Button
Once you have customized your button, we recommend testing it on your live site as your buttons will not function within Site Builder. The quickest way to start testing is to visit your site in another browser where you are not currently logged in or in a private window in your browser (e.g. Chrome's Incognito mode, or Firefox's Private Window).