If you want to ensure students are acing your quizzes, you can choose to require a passing grade!
In this article:
How it Works
Setting a passing grade percentage within quizzes will require your students to answer a certain number of questions correctly before the quiz lesson is marked as complete.
Students will still be able to navigate to the next lesson or chapter, but they will need to receive a passing grade within these quizzes before they can reach 100% course completion. If you want your students to receive a passing grade before moving on to the next course chapter, you can also set the quiz as a prerequisite lesson.
- When this is enabled, students will not be able to reach 100% completion of your course unless they have successfully passed all quizzes where a passing grade is required.
- In order to prevent students from receiving the correct answers and redoing the test, the explanation feature is deactivated when a passing grade is required. You can reenable the function under Lesson Settings.
How to Add a Passing Grade Requirement
- Within a Quiz Lesson, scroll down to the Lesson Settings
- Check the box beside this quiz requires a passing grade
- Enter the Passing grade percentage
- Optional: Check off Allow question explanations to show under Lesson Settings if you want to provide your students with information immediately after they submit their answers. This explanation will be displayed regardless of whether they get the question right or wrong.
- Click Save at the bottom or the top of the page
More About Quiz Lessons