Quizzes can now be imported directly into your Thinkific course using an xlsx file!
- Download the quiz template.
- Review the instructions on the second tab of the template.
- Fill out the template with your quiz. It's important that you don't rename or move around any fields. The file must have the template in a sheet named "QUESTIONS" in order for our system to recognize it.
- Make sure that your uploaded file is in .xlsx format. In your spreadsheet program, you may need to export the file as 'Excel' format in order to make the upload work.
Use the following abbreviations for supported question types:
- SA - One correct answer
- MA - One or more correct answers
- Question Text is required for all questions
- Answer Choices are required for all question types
- Enter up to 10 answer choices for each question
- Designate correct answers with an asterisk (*) at the beginning. Example: *True
- Formatting in your spreadsheet will be removed during import (italics, font size, hyperlinks, etc.)
- Only questions in the first worksheet (tab) will be imported. Additional worksheets will be ignored
- Questions will be imported at the end of the quiz
- The more questions you import, the longer it'll take to process and create them in Thinkific
How to Import Your Quiz Questions
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on a specific course in the Course Overview
- You will now be in the Course Curriculum area of the Course Builder
- Locate or add a new Quiz
- Select Import Questions
- Drag your xlsx file or choose file from your computer
- Click Save