If you want to ensure students are acing your quizzes, you can choose to require a passing grade!
In this article:
How it Works
Setting a passing grade percentage within quizzes will require your students to answer a certain amount of questions correctly before the quiz lesson will be marked as complete.
Students will still be able to navigate to the next lesson or chapter, but they will need to receive a passing grade within these quizzes before they can reach 100% completion of your course. If you want your students to receive a passing grade before they can move onto the next course chapter you can also set the quiz as a prerequisite lesson.
A student's experience after answering a question will differ when a passing grade is required. This is to ensure that the answers are not provided to them when they get a question wrong. There is more information and examples on what this looks like here: Can I prevent quizzes from displaying correct and incorrect answers?
- When this is enabled, students will not be able to reach 100% completion of your course unless they have successfully passed all quizzes where a passing grade is required.
- In order to prevent students from receiving the correct answers and redoing the test, the explanation feature is deactivated when a passing grade is required.
How to Add a Passing Grade Requirement
- Within a Quiz Lesson, scroll down to the Lesson Settings
- Check the box beside this quiz requires a passing grade
- Enter the Passing grade percentage
- Select the blue Save button at the bottom or the top of the page
More About Quiz Lessons