Thinkific Partners help our course creators by providing 1-1 managed services like site setup, course setup, marketing, and custom design. Make sure you're inviting a partner to work on your site using these steps.
In this article:
Working with a Partner
Have you hired an external agency, freelancer, or developer to help build out your Thinkific site? We want to ensure that when working with an external partner, you know exactly who is accessing your Thinkific site information, and can control their access. Using our Partner Portal, Partners can request access to your Thinkific site, allowing you to approve or deny external requests. This provides a safe and efficient way to work with external partners, without needing to share your login credentials.
Initiate an access request
- In order for a Partner to initiate the request to access your Thinkific Site, they must have a Thinkific Partner Portal account. Partners can sign up for an account here by clicking the "Agency" Partner track.
- Partners can follow these steps to request access to your Thinkific account.
Receiving an access request
- Once the partner initiates the request to access your Thinkific site, an email is sent to the Site Owner of that Thinkific site. The email informs the Site Owner that the Partner is requesting access and contains a link to a Partner request page. This page will give you more information about the Partner (including their name and email).
- To approve this partners access to your account, click "Grant Access."
- If you're ensure of who this partner is, or believe you received this request in error, you can click "Deny Request."
- If the request is approved, the partner will receive an email, and can access your site via their Partner Portal account.
How can I see my connected Partners?
You can view and manage the Partners that have access to your Site using the Users table.
- Once you've accepted a Partner request to access your site, a new user role "Partner" is created. You can view their profile information, but cannot make any edits or changes to this information.
- You can revoke a Partner's access to your account from the Users table by selecting Revoke access & delete at any time. If you revoke a Partner's access, they will receive an email notification letting them know they have been removed from your Thinkific site.