When creating a Drip Schedule for your course, you have the option to set it by student enrollment date. This gives every student a unique schedule based on their initial enrollment date!
About This Feature
When Drip is based on enrollment date, every student will have a unique Drip Schedule regardless of when they enroll into your course. This is great if you want specific lessons released a specific number of days after enrollment.
For example, maybe you want students to have access to Chapter 1 immediately, Chapter 2 in their second week, and Chapter 3 in their third week.
How It Works
Drip is based on when your student first enrolls into your course. This Drip option is customized in days. The day that your student first enrolls into the course is day 0.
For example, new students could access Chapter 1 lessons immediately (day 0), have access to Chapter 2 lessons 7 days after they enrolled, and Chapter 3 lessons 14 days after, etc.
How to Set a Drip Schedule by Enrollment Date
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on the image of the course you want to edit
- Select the Drip tab
- Click Create a Drip Schedule
- In the Drip settings, make sure Student enrollment date is selected
- Click OK if you see the warning prompt: Are you sure? This will clear your course's schedule
- For any lessons that require a unique release schedule, input your desired number of days for each lesson. If a lesson is left at 0 days, students will have access immediately.
- Click Save on the top right
- Enrollment date is the first date that a student enrolls into your course, whether they buy your course or are manually enrolled
- If a student ever loses access to your course and later re-enrolls, their original enrollment date will still apply
- The specific time of day that a student first enrolled will determine the time that they will continue to receive content. For example, if a lesson is set to release 1 day after enrollment, the student will have access to the content 24 hours after they enrolled. If they enroll at 5pm their local time, they will get access to the Drip content at 5pm their local time the following day.
To learn more about how Drip works and what your students will experience, check out: Drip Schedule