Each lesson type has various lesson settings available to expand the functionality or control the visibility of your lesson.
In this article:
When creating a new lesson, you will see various settings that can be customized at the top of the lesson in the Course Builder. This article covers the settings available for each lesson type within Thinkific.
Basic Lesson Settings
Every Thinkific lesson has the following basic settings that can be customized:
- Title - Displays in the sidebar of the Course Player and at the top of your lesson content
- Lesson icon & label - Displays in the sidebar of the Course Player and the Course Curriculum of your landing page
These settings are optional for every lesson type:
- - Makes the lesson available for free when students enroll into your Free Preview
- Set to draft - Draft lessons are not visible to students
- Make this a prerequisite - All prerequisite lessons must be completed before a student can move ahead in your course
- Enable discussions for this lesson - Allow your students to interact in a discussion for this lesson (This setting can also be applied in bulk to all lessons within your course)
Lesson Specific Settings
There are also some lesson types that have unique settings, which are covered in detail below.
Turn on Downloads
Make this content downloadable is available for some lesson types. When it is turned on, students can download your content to their local device.
This is an option for the following lesson types:
Remove margins in Course Player reduces the blank space visible around your content in the Course Player.
It is available for the following lesson types:
This setting can also be applied in bulk to all Audio, Text and Download lessons within your course.
Audio Only Settings
Audio lessons will have an Autoplay option. When this is turned on, audio will automatically start playing when a student navigates to the lesson.
If you are looking to enable autoplay for Video lessons, this is applied at the course level. Check out Video Lesson Autoplay!
Quiz Only Settings
These settings are only available for Quizzes:
- This quiz requires a passing grade - Students will be required to pass the quiz at a certain percentage in order to complete the lesson
- Randomised question bank - Randomly generate a quiz for each student that pulls from a pre-made bank of questions
Presentation Only Settings
Presentation lessons have a Presentation completion required option. When this is turned on, students will have to view all of your slides before they can complete the lesson. This setting can also be applied in bulk to all Presentation lessons within your course.
Course Wide Lesson Settings
Lesson Type Icon and Label Settings
You have the option to hide lesson icons and labels that are displayed within the Course Player. Learn more here: Lesson type icon and label
Course Wide Video Lesson Settings
The following settings can be applied to all video lessons included in your course:
- Video lesson autoplay - Autoplay all video lessons in your course
- Video completion (%) required - Students are required to view a certain percentage of your videos before they can complete the lesson