Additional prices allow you to create more than one price option for your course. If the price point is high for your course, you might want to offer a payment plan that breaks up the cost of the course over a few months!
In this article:
About This Feature
You can use additional pricing to create more than one pricing option for your course or bundle!
For higher priced courses, adding additional pricing options is a great way to reduce the barrier to purchase. For example, your primary course price might be a one time fee of $300 and you would like to create an additional pricing option of 3 monthly payments of $100.
You can also use additional prices to offer different periods of access to a course. For example, you could offer access to course content for 1 month at $10, 2 months at $20 dollars, or 6 months at $50 dollars.
How It Works
Additional prices are completely optional and can be added to supplement your primary course price. They are customized per course in your Pricing settings. You have the following pricing options:
- The following steps are for Site Builder themes or a Page Builder supported theme version 2.1.0 or higher. If you're using an older site theme, we recommend transitioning to Site Builder.
- For Pre-Site Builder themes, there is no additional pricing option for Course Bundles. You will need to transition to Site Builder for access to this feature.
- Each additional price will have a unique checkout link if you would like to share it with your students! Learn how to copy that here: How to Copy Your Checkout Link
How to Add an Additional Price
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on the image of the course you want to edit
- Select the Pricing tab
- Click Set additional pricing on the left or scroll down
- Under Set additional pricing, click Add Price
- Select One-Time Payment, Subscription Pricing or Payment Plan
- Input desired text for Price Label. This will display in the All pricing options [smart section] on your course landing page.
- Customize all other pricing details. See the following for instructions on each pricing option:
- Optional: If Payment Plan is selected, add “Buy Button” text label. This will display on the default Buy Button on the course landing page Banner. If you do not customize this text, the default text in this field will be displayed.
- Click Save
How to Edit or Delete an Additional Price
You can always edit or delete your current additional priced by clicking on the ellipses icon to select your desired option:
Display Additional Prices on Your Course Landing Page
Site Builder Themes
This button appears by default when you have not added any additional buttons to your banner. If you have added a custom button to your banner, this default dynamic button will not appear.
You can also add an All pricing options [smart section] to your course landing page to display your primary price as well as additional prices:
Learn how to add a section here: Add a Site Builder Section
If you are using a Page Builder supported theme, see Display Additional Pricing on Your Landing Page (Pre-Site Builder)