Do you need to cancel your Thinkific subscription payments? While we're sorry to see you go, this article will cover how to cancel your subscription, and move to our Free plan.
In this article:
Only Site Owners can cancel a Thinkific subscription.
You can cancel your subscription or change your plan at any time.
Canceling your subscription will prevent any future subscription payments, and you will lose access to any paid features immediately. Your site will still be available and your students will still be able to access their purchased products.
Important: Before cancelling your Thinkific subscription, you'll want to read through What happens when I cancel my Thinkific subscription? for details about what happens to your user accounts, and what paid features you will lose access to.
How to Cancel Your Subscription
- Select Account from the left-hand navigation of the Admin Dashboard
- Click Account Management
- Click Manage Subscription
- Select Cancel Plan
- Fill out confirmation popups to complete the cancellation
- Your account will now be on our Free plan with core Free plan features
Deleting Your Account
Only Site Owners can delete a Thinkific account.
We don't usually delete (or recommend deleting) accounts, as this permanently removes any content you've created on Thinkific. If you ever change your mind, you will have to start again from scratch - you won't be able to come back and work from where you left off.
We recommend first:
- Follow the instructions above to move to our Free plan, where there are no monthly fees associated with your site.
- Optionally, Change Your Site Name and URL to something different if you have given out the URL previously, and don't want anyone to come across your site once it's cancelled.
How to Permanently Delete Your Account
If you would still like us to go ahead and delete your account permanently, you'll need to follow the steps below:
- First, move to our Free plan. Accounts on active subscription plans cannot be deleted.
- Once you have moved to the Free plan, ensure that you have canceled any active recurring or subscription payments from your users. Here's an article on how to cancel these payment plans with Thinkific Payments - if you are using a third-party payment provider, make sure to cancel those payments with that provider.
Send us an email from the email address associated with your account. Emails sent from an address not associated with the Site Owner cannot be verified. Include the following information in your email:
- Your Thinkific URL
- Confirmation that you would like the account deleted and you understand this action is permanent and irreversible
Once our team has received your request, they will respond to you to confirm the account has been deleted.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Make sure you read through these FAQ questions before downgrading or deleting your account!
Are my users still charged once I cancel or delete my Thinkific account?
Yes, it is possible. Since Thinkific offers the ability to pair with third-party payment processors, any users on subscription plans or making recurring payments of any type may still be billed after your account is canceled or deleted.
For this reason, it is important to ensure you cancel or stop all recurring or subscription-type payments from your users before canceling or deleting your account - regardless of which payment processor you are using.
I want to delete a course from my account, can I do that?