If you are looking at using Captivate and Storyline files within Thinkific, you'll want to follow these instructions on properly exporting the files so that they can be hosted on Thinkific. These files must be exported for web (HTML5).
Note that Thinkific does not support SCORM, Tin Can or AICC files/reporting. More details on that HERE.
In this article:
Exporting Content from Articulate Storyline
- For Articulate 360, when you use the modern player, which is the default style for new projects, publish as HTML5-only output. This is the recommended publishing format to ensure compatibility with all major browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
- Ensure that you've set the files to be published for web distribution.
Exporting Content from Adobe Captivate
Make sure that you uncheck the Enable Reporting option for your project. Details on where to find that setting in Captivate under the LMS section here: http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-troubleshooting/how-to-set-up-preferences
To publish Adobe Captivate files for Thinkific, open the project and then click File Publish or on the button bar, click Publish Publish to Computer. Once done, you should see the following dialog:
Then click on Publish and navigate to the specified folder in your local device to see the assets from your project:
Compress the components into a .zip file to be uploaded to Thinkific.
For further instructions on how to use Adobe Captivate files on Thinkific you can take a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/using/publish-projects-html5-files.html
Exporting Content from iSpring
To publish iSpring Files for Thinkific, open your iSpring project and follow the steps outlined here- Click on Publish My Computer select HTML5 Publish
Please note: Internet Explorer 8 does not support HTML5.
For further instructions on how to use iSpring files on Thinkific you can take a look here: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/display/isuite9/Publishing+to+My+Computer
Adding Your Content to Your Thinkific Course
Once you have exported your file for web, it can be added to Thinkific in 2 ways:
- Upload the file to an external hosting service and then add the URL of the hosted content to a Multimedia Lesson. This is available on all plans.
- Upload the file directly to Thinkific. On our Pro plan and higher, we can host your files for you, so you can simply upload the .zip file directly to a Multimedia Lesson.
Common Questions and Troubleshooting Guide
Why is my file not working?
Sometimes, individual browser securities may cause an older version of published Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline files to not work within Thinkific. If you have access to the original file, we recommend re-exporting the file with an updated version of your publishing program.
- For Articulate, you can use their Updater to scan and update published files, or update your Storyline Software then republish after.
- For Adobe Captivate, you can track and learn more about each available system update from here: https://www.adobe.com/support/captivate/downloads.html
If you are experiencing a zip file error or white screen, make sure to check out our Multimedia troubleshooting guide here.
Do you recommend using Rise or Storyline content?
Both Articulate Rise and Storyline can be included in Thinkific.
This is an example of Storyline content in a Thinkific course:
Rise can also be used, however the default settings can create a double navigation menu due to our built in Course Player sidebar, which can cause some confusion for students when navigating through lessons.
To prevent this, we recommend using Rise's Sidebar Visibility feature to remove the sidebar from the course. This is an example of how Rise will look when the sidebar is not removed:
More About Including Externally Hosted Content in Thinkific