- Can I copy or duplicate course reviews?
- Will course reviews carry over when I duplicate a course?
Course reviews cannot be duplicated or linked to another course. Any reviews left by a student are tied to the course that they initially reviewed.
If you duplicate a course however, and had already added the Social Proof: Reviews Site Builder Section to the course landing page, this will also copy over the course landing page you designed and the reviews you had added in this section.
It is also possible to use course reviews from another course in the Social Proof: Reviews Site Builder Section. This can be useful if you need to create duplicates of your course for different cohorts, or different versions of the course where the course content is essentially the same.
To do this we can follow these steps:
- Open Design Your Site
- Click to open Site Builder
- Navigate to the page you want to add your reviews to (for example, your course landing page)
- Click the Add Section button
- Select Social Proof: Reviews
- Click into the Social Proof: Reviews section and select Add course review
- You'll see the option to select both the course and the review from your chosen course
- Once you have selected the reviews you want to use, click Save.
- You will need to approve a review before it shows up as an option in the site builder section
- The stars that show on the course card (which represent the average rating in reviews for that course) are created only by reviews left on that course, and so this rating cannot be copied over to another course