This article will outline some of the most common issues creators and students may encounter on the Thinkific Mobile App, along with the steps to resolve these issues.
In this article:
Common Mobile App Issues and Solutions
The dropdowns below contain some common issues you and your audience may encounter while using the Thinkific Mobile App. Click each dropdown to view more information.
My students are not able to find my school when searching for it in the app
First, you need to ensure that the Thinkific App is activated on your account. To do that, follow these instructions: Increase Engagement With the New Thinkific Mobile App.
If a mobile app feature is activated on your account, but your students are unable to find your school, we recommend that you share the app through the provided QR code or Dynamic Link within your Thinkific account, as it gives your audience easy access to the Thinkific mobile app. Both of these options will automatically drive your students to the Thinkific app listing on the app stores. Once downloaded, your students will automatically be redirected to your school’s screen, bypassing the need for them to search.
From within your Thinkific account, go to the Mobile App tab to easily access and copy the QR code or Dynamic Link. From there you can easily share with your audience via email, social media, community posts etc. by simply pasting it into your communications. To help you spread the word, we put together the templates which can be found here: How to Share Your Mobile App.
The login screen for my school still shows the old school name / logo / color / subdomain
The school name, logo, color, and subdomain displayed on the login page for your school are all included in a QR code or a dynamic link. If you have updated that information after you shared your link or QR code, you will need to reshare them again. Otherwise, students using the old link or the old QR code will see outdated information or style on your login page.
My student entered their login details, hit Continue, and it said that their account is verified - but when they hit Continue again, they are brought back to the login screen
If your student tries to log in and enters their credentials correctly, but they are brought back to the login screen, they need to:
- Clear the cache and cookies of their device's browser
- Restart their browser
- Try logging in again
My student is logging out of one school and is trying to log in to a different school, but they are being logged in to the first school again
The mobile app uses a mobile browser to log a student into their Thinkific school. If a student tries to change schools, they will need to ensure they are logged out of the first school in their browser. To do that, your student will need to:
- Open the Thinkific site of their first school in their mobile browser
- Log out
- Open the app and log in to the second school, using these instructions: How to Install and Log In to the Thinkific Mobile App (Student Resource).
My student has logged in to the app, but they do not see any courses or communities that they are enrolled in
Your students will need to make sure they are using the right email when logging in or using the same login option that they used to create an account.
Specifically, if a student created an account using one option (e.g. an email), but is signing in using Apple SSO with the Hide My Email feature enabled, they will create a new account instead of accessing their original one. In cases where this happens, you can always delete the duplicate student account.
My student does not receive push notifications
If your students do not receive push notifications, they need to ensure that the Thinkific Mobile app has permission to send notifications. They can enable these permissions within the app, see the instructions here: Communities in the Mobile App (Student Resource).
Your students can also change their community notification settings from their mobile device settings:
Additional Troubleshooting Steps
If you or your students are experiencing issues with the app that are not covered previously, try the troubleshooting steps below.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet - the mobile app will not work offline
- Try closing the mobile app completely and relaunching it on your device
- Make sure that your mobile app is updated to the latest version: How Can I Update the Thinkific Mobile App? (Student Resource)
- Make sure that your device meets the operating system requirements
- Restart your device
- Try a different device (mobile phone, tablet, PC/Mac laptop/desktop, etc.) to ensure that this is not a content-specific issue
If you are still experiencing issues after trying all of the steps above, please contact us with the following details for us to investigate further:
- A detailed description of the issue
- An email address of the user experiencing the issue
- The version number of the Thinkific Mobile App you are using. Instructions on how to find that can be found here: Getting Started with the Mobile App (Student Resource)
- The make and model of the device you are using (ie: Samsung Galaxy S22 phone, iPhone 13 etc)
- The operating system (OS) and the OS version of your device (ie: Android 13, iOS 16 etc)
- If possible, a screenshot or a recording of the issue
- If a course issue, what is the name of the course? Does it happen in all courses or just one?
- If a lesson issue, what is the name of the lesson? Does it happen in all lessons or just one?
- If a community issue, what is the name of the community? Does it happen in all communities or just one?
The more information you can provide, the faster we will be able to investigate the issue you are experiencing.