A content focused theme with a sleek and sophisticated touch, the Vogue theme is the default theme for new creators. If you're already on the Vogue theme and thinking of updating, or want to make the switch from Empire or Vision, here's some information on what to expect.
In this article:
Recent Theme Updates
The features below are only a few of the great new updates recently added to the Vogue theme — For more details on specific features and changes, check out the Vogue Theme Changelog.
- Course page and Section updates
- Product card updates
- New typography fonts added
- New tertiary and secondary colour values
As always, we recommend ensuring your theme version is kept up to date!
View the Demo(s)
Check out our demo sites featuring each of the three styles of the Vogue theme below:
If you are currently on the Vogue theme, you can update your theme to get access to the new page and section designs. Note that doing so will affect any existing pages that use the Course Banner and Curriculum [smart section] sections.
If you're currently using Empire or Vision, you'll need to switch themes in order to take advantage of any updates to the Vogue theme. We recommend installing Vogue (don't worry about versions, you'll get the latest one automatically) to your Theme Library, and taking a look at the theme design before committing to the change. Check out our article on Choosing Themes for more details on how to install, explore and change to a new theme.
Unless you have significant customizations to your theme code, switching (or updating) to Vogue is a quick and easy process! All of your Site Pages content can be automatically imported to the new theme, including all the work you've done customizing individual pages, setting up your brand colors, etc. As mentioned above, you can always install the new theme and take a look before you decide to make the switch.
- Updating your theme will automatically update any pages that use redesigned sections, which may subtly affect the look of your existing course pages. Double-check your course pages after updating to make sure they're still looking good.
- If you have customized your theme code, updating your theme will revert your customizations. You will need to reapply any customizations to the new theme, so make sure you have a copy saved before you update.
Frequently Asked Questions
"I want to update my theme, but I'm worried the section changes might mess up some of my existing course pages. Is there any way for me to preview the changes before updating?"
It is very unlikely that updating your theme will cause problems with your existing pages, but we understand being concerned. Here's a few things to consider:
- If you currently have any course banners that don't have a background image set at all, the new background color setting may result in a different color showing up on your banners
- Your course curriculum sections should seamlessly update to the new look, but they will now include a course card image and some additional information you my want to adjust
- If you have customized your theme code in a way that impacts these sections or the layout of your course landing pages generally, there may be some unexpected interactions
If none of the above apply to you, or seem like concerns, then you should be safe to update!
That said, if you still want to preview the new look — or if you do have custom code, and want to make sure you have time to troubleshoot any unexpected problems — you can always install the Vogue theme to your Theme Library, and use that to preview your course pages in the new version. Once you're sure it's ready to go, you can just publish that new theme and go from there! Our article on Choosing a Theme for Site Pages has more information on all these options.