Brillium Exams are a powerful lesson type in which you can create an advanced exam environment, with a variety of question types and detailed data analysis. To access this feature, you will need to be on the Growth plan with Thinkific.
In this article:
About This Article
Brillium recently updated their interface, but some older Brillium accounts are still using the original interface. This article contains instructions and screen captures using Brillium's old interface.
If you have a newer Brillium account, or the images in this article don't look like what you see in Brillium, please refer to the Create a Brillium Exam article instead.
Setting Up Your Brillium Exam
Brillium recently updated their interface. If your Brillium account looks different, check out Brillium's updated instructions here: Deliver Brillium Assessments to Thinkific Students
First, open your Brillium account where you can configure the exam options. You only need to worry about the "Basic Assessment Options" and "Advanced Options," both found on the right-hand menu. Let's get started by clicking into "Basic Assessment Options."
You are able to change the Logout Button Label field to something like 'Back to the Course'.
Important: Redirect Users back to your Site
Next, click into "Advanced Options" to configure the remaining values. Scroll down until you see "Assessment Integration Options." Please ensure that Application Integration is set to "POST (via Form)" and the Result Send Method is set to "Blind Post." Here, you will also have to change the Result Send URL, as this is where the results are sent. "https://yourdomain.thinkific.com/brillium_notify" should be entered.
Exam Set Up in Thinkific
- Title: Give your exam a title.
- Brillium Root URL: This is the URL of your Brillium exam. While using a trial account, this will always be https://trial.brillium.com. When you have a paid account, this url will be unique to your account.
- Exam ID: Your Exam ID is equivalent to your Assessment ID in Brillium. (Found in "Basic Assessment Options")
- Exam Password: You can set this under "New Assessment Password." If editing, an existing Brillium assessment can be set when creating a new Brillium assessment. (Found in "Basic Assessment Options")
- Entry Hash Password: You can set this under "Entry Hash Password." (Found in "Advanced Options")
- Passing Grade: This can be any number between 1 and 100. Ensure that it is equivalent to the value entered in Brillium. (Found in "Basic Assessment Options")
- Take Exam Call to Action Text
- Retake Exam Call to Action Text
- Claim Certificate Call to Action Tex
These allow you to modify the text of the buttons at the end of the exam. If you leave them blank, we will fill it in with the default text (greyed out in the text area). You also have the option of adding some HTML content (text, images, etc) to be shown before and after the exam.
And that's it! You now have created your first Brillium exam.