Send a message directly from within Thinkific to notify or start an external conversation with a specific student!
In this article:
How to Send an Email to a Student
This covers how send an email to an individual student. If you would like to send an email to more than one student at a time, please see Mass User Email.
- Go to Support Your Students
- Select Users
- Scroll down or use the search bar to locate the student
- Click their email address
- Within the new window, enter a subject, and fill out the details that you would like to appear in the body of the email. You can use the WYSIWYG editor to format your text, or include an image or file:
- Optional: Select the Send Test button to send yourself an example of what the email will look like
- Once you're ready, you can select the Send button
The following variables can be used when drafting your email to autofill student details into the body of your email:
- The recipient of the email will see that the sender is email@example.com, however you can specify the reply-to email in your Site Settings. If you have not set a reply-to email, it will automatically be set as the Site Owner's email address.
- We don't currently have an in-app option to review sent emails or receive replies. We recommend using the Send Test option listed in step 6 above if you would like to receive a copy of the message before sending it. Any student responses sent to your reply-to email, can be responded to within your personal email provider.
- Signatures are not included within the email. To add a signature or information about who is reaching out, you can include those details when drafting your message.
More About Emails and Notifications