If you are experiencing unexpected behavior on your Thinkific site, sometimes this is browser related. Make sure to check out the basic browser troubleshooting steps below!
In this article:
Common Browser Related Issues
Thinkific is a browser based app, which means sometimes you'll run into issues that are browser specific. We use internet browsers everyday and it's good to be aware of some common browser related issues that you might come across as these can often have simple fixes!
Here are some common browser related issues:
- Slow page loads or app performance
- Trouble viewing or editing your site. Maybe you see an error message or the page looks odd!
- Browser crashing
How to Test If an Issue Is Browser Related
If you'd like to run a quick test to see if the issue you are experiencing is browser specific, the best way is to login to your site in a different browser and perform the same action. If the behavior is different in the new browser, then it is browser specific. Make sure to complete all the browser troubleshooting steps below!
Browser Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure you are using a supported browser and that your browser is up to date
- Refresh your cache and restart your browser. This is often all you need to resolve basic issues!
- Try accessing your site in a Private or Incognito window, like Chrome's Incognito Mode, or Firefox's Private Window. This opens a fresh browser window without any extensions or settings blocking your content.
- Try out a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc). Sometimes the issue can be browser specific.
- Try a different device or computer (mobile phone, tablet, PC/Mac laptop/desktop, etc.). It is rare, but sometimes a certain device has trouble with a content type.
- Restart your device
If you are still experiencing an issue after trying all the steps above, please send us an email with the following details for us to investigate this further!
- Description of the issue
- A screenshot of the issue
- The page URL or course name this relates to
- What browsers have you tried? Use this site to find your browser and copy the link to share it with us: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
- If applicable, the course lesson this relates to
- If a student issue, the name/email of the student