If you or your students notice that your videos are muted by default on PC or Mac, this is a browser specific setting. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to override local browser settings, however you can encourage your students to enable audio for your site! Once audio is enabled in your browser or for your site, this setting will apply going forward, so you should only have to adjust these settings once in your browser.
Here are some helpful instructions for adjusting browser settings:
- How to Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome
- What to Do If Firefox Won't Play Any Sounds
- Allow All Auto-Play in Safari (this will allow autoplay videos with sound to play)
For videos in your browser on iOS devices such as iPhones or iPads, this is a restriction set in place by the iOS developers and unfortunately the policy for this setting cannot currently be overwritten.
You can see the policies Apple and WebKit have set for videos and audio in iOS browsers here:
- This applies to videos within the Course Player as well as Site Builder pages
- If you are having issues with autoplay videos specifically, also check out Why don't my lesson videos autoplay?