Do you want to prevent students from skipping through your Presentation slides? You can apply a completion required setting to your Presentation lesson to make sure that your students view all slides before they can complete the lesson.
About This Feature
If you want to make sure that students view all of your slides before they can complete your Presentation lesson, you have the option to turn on Presentation Completion Required. This will disable the Complete & continue button in the lesson until your student has navigated through all slides.
Here is an example of what the Complete & continue button will look like when Presentation Completion Required is turned on and a student has not viewed all slides within the Presentation:
If the student tries to select the Complete & continue button before all slides have been viewed, they will see the message "You must view all slides to complete this lesson"
Once a student has viewed all the slides, the Complete & continue button will be available:
Consider using this in combination with our Prerequisite Lesson feature if you want to make sure students complete your Presentation lesson before moving onto the next chapter in your course!
How to Turn on Presentation Completed Required
- Navigate to your Presentation lesson in Course Builder
- In the lesson settings area, check off Presentation completion required
- Optionally click Apply to all lessons in this course if you want it applied to all of your Presentation lessons
- Click Save
- Presentation Completion Required will only apply the first time a students completes the lesson. If they return to your Presentation lesson and click Mark Incomplete, they will not be required to view all slides again and can freely navigate through the slides.
- If you don't have Presentation Completion Required turned on, students will be able to select Complete & continue at any time during the lesson. If they have not viewed all slides yet, they will also see a confirmation prompt letting them know the number of slides they are skipping: