Any students that have access to your Community will see the Community card directly on their Student Dashboard - as long as you are on our latest theme! You can also share a link to your Community through whatever channel you see fit.
If you haven't created a Community yet or want to learn more about Thinkific Communities, check out Create a Community!
In this article:
Community Access from the Student Dashboard
The Student Dashboard is accessible at yoursite.thinkific.com/enrollments and is the area that students will see as soon as they login to your Thinkific site.
If you would like Communities displayed automatically in the Student Dashboard, this is available with Site Builder theme version 1.12.12 or higher. A Communities section will automatically appear that displays all Communities the student currently has access to. This section will appear below your student's courses:
- If you don't see Communities on the Student Dashboard, make sure to update your theme for this to display!
- Note that currently a maximum of 21 Communities can be displayed in the Student Dashboard. If you have more than 21 Communities, we recommended sharing Community links directly with your students in a text lesson or via email. Including a link in a Course Welcome Email is a great way to notify your students of any Communities they have access to when enrolling in your course!
Community Share Links
You can also share a direct link to your Community with your students! Some options to try are:
- Include a link within your course using a Text Lesson
- Set up a direct link on a Private Custom Page
- Add the link to your Header or Footer
- Email your students a Community link
How to Copy Your Community Share Link
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Communities
- Locate the Community you want to start posting in
- Click the ellipses (3 dot icon) and select Copy Share Link
Do you have feedback on our Communities feature? We want to hear from you. We are continually making improvements and if there is functionality that would help your business, please let us know!