MailChimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service. Thinkific has a direct integration with Mailchimp that supports sending students to one Mailchimp list. Zapier is helpful if you want to send students into multiple Mailchimp lists, send other data or perform other Actions.
Using Zapier to Subscribe a New Thinkific Student to MailChimp
- Create a new Zap and select Thinkific as your Trigger, then Save + Continue:
- Select the relevant trigger, in this example, New Full Enrollment:
- Connect and select your Thinkific account, then Save + Continue:
- Select the course or bundle name that you want to trigger the Mailchimp action:
- Test the trigger:
- If your test comes back successful, your trigger is good to go:
- Now that you have your trigger set up, create your action. Under Action, select MailChimp, Save + Continue:
- Choose the relevant Action, in this case, Add/Update Subscriber, Save + Continue:
- Connect and select your MailChimp account, Save + Continue:
- From the dropdown, select the list you want the student to enter when signing up to your specified Thinkific course. You will also need to add your subscriber email address (it is passed from your Thinkific account). Add any other optional relevant MailChimp fields that apply, then Continue:
- Test this step to ensure it comes back successful:
- Create and Continue
- Then Finish:
- Turn on your Zap and you’re finished!