Using Mailchimp to automate your email marketing? Good news! Thinkific's Mailchimp app makes it super easy to make sure that any new users are automatically added to your mailing list.
In this article:
Mailchimp is a free email marketing tool, which offers a wide range of features to help small businesses do big things. Installing the Mailchimp app will allow you to automatically add your Thinkific students to a Mailchimp email list, allowing you to focus your time and energy on building out your email marketing content!
Install the App
- Optional: You will need a Mailchimp account to install the app, so we recommend you sign-up for one or have your login information handy before getting started.
- Locate the Mailchimp App in the Thinkific App Store
- Click to Install the app
- This will return you to the Mailchimp app details page in Thinkific — click Connect Account
- You will be redirected to Mailchimp’s login page
- Input your Mailchimp login information, and click Allow to authorize the app
- Once you've successfully logged into Mailchimp, you'll be taken back to your Apps page
- Locate Mailchimp under your Installed Apps, and click Settings
- Under Account, use the drop-down menu to select a target Mailchimp list
- Click the Save button, and that's it!
Whenever a new user account is created with your Thinkific site, that person's first name, last name and email address will be sent to your mailing list in Mailchimp.
Your Mailchimp list must not include any required fields or else adding users to the selected list will fail as Thinkific only sends first name, last name, and email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
Got multiple mailing lists?
Our direct Mailchimp integration is a simple way of making sure that any of your Thinkific users are automatically added to your Mailchimp account. If you're looking to have users sent to different lists based on which course they enroll in for example, that can be handled via our integration with Zapier.
You can learn more about that here:
Zapier: Subscribe a New Student to a Mailchimp List
Can I use Mailchimp's double opt-in with this app?
Can I use Mailchimp's double opt-in feature if I integrate with Zapier?
Yes, Mailchimp's double opt-in feature will be triggered if you use Zapier to add students to your Thinkific site.
Need to switch Mailchimp accounts?
If you connected the wrong account, or need to switch accounts, you'll need to uninstall the Mailchimp app and reinstall it using the correct account information!
Need to import existing users into a Mailchimp subscribers list?
If you need to import a set of your existing users into an existing Mailchimp subscriber list, you can export the users into a CSV and import them directly from your Mailchimp account.
Looking for more apps? We're adding new apps to the platform every day. Check out the Thinkific App Store!