You can use a third party solution to notify visitors of cookies on your Thinkific site!
If you're looking to customize your code, we recommend hiring a Web Developer to make these changes. Check out our Experts Marketplace which has Web Developers who use our system to create custom coded solutions. Otherwise, you can also look at sites like Fiverr.com and Upwork.com, which many users look into for their developer needs.
How to Create a Cookie Consent Bar in Your Site Header
- Go to your Theme library found under Design Your Site in your Admin Dashboard
- Click on the ellipses found under the theme you would like to add a consent bar to and select Edit Code
- Select the Layouts folder and then select the Default folder
- Add the custom code for your cookie consent bar in the header section found between lines 20 to 25
How to Create a Cookie Consent Bar in Your Site Footer
- Go to Osano.com
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Open Source Edition column and click Start Coding
- In the Configure settings on the left, you can customize how it will visually look
- You'll also see a Compliance type section where you can set up the level of cookie consent for your audience. This is where your specific countries laws come into place, so you will need to do a bit of research on what your country requires.
- Once you've set up your preferences, login to your Thinkific site in another tab and go to Settings, then the Code & analytics tab
- Return to osano.com and click Copy HTML
- Paste this code into your Site footer code on your Thinkific site
- Return to osano.com click Copy Code
- Paste this code under the previous code in your Site footer code on your Thinkific site
- Click Save
And that's it! You can return to your course site, refresh the page and you should now see the bar!