If you are using Keynote to create presentations to be used in your lesson, you'll want to follow these instructions on the best way to export your file so that it plays properly within Thinkific!
Once you have completed your Keynote presentation you will want to export your presentation using the following settings under the QuickTime tab (as shown in the image below):
- The playback should be set to "Self-Playing"
- Both the "Go to next slide after" and "Go to next build after" time intervals can be set to anything
- The custom size format can be set to anything
- The compression type should be set to Apple ProRes422
Once the file has been exported, you will want to run the file through a program called Handbrake to lower the file size so it fits within the 2GB limit.
- You can download Handbrake here: https://handbrake.fr/
When Handbrake opens, it will ask you what file you would like to transcode. You will select your exported Keynote file:
After selecting the file, you will want to check the box to enable Web Optimized within Handbrake, and the press Start:
When the file is finished transcoding, you will have a ready to use MP4 file to work on your Thinkific site.