Filter and run reports for students in specific courses, Groups, Progress, and more!
In this article:
The Users Report is a great way to manage a large user base. You can easily view your students, and filter to select which information you'd like to see when you visit this dashboard (such as the Number of Enrollments or Date Created).
You can use the Export option to download a CSV report.
When using this option, you will receive an email with a link to complete your download. Your CSV file will look similar to this example:
If you have added Custom Fields to your sign-up page, student responses to these fields will also be included in your exported report.
Filtering reports is available on our Grow plan and higher.
You can segment and export lists of user types through the Filters option in the user's report!
User Reporting can help you divide your user base into groups of individuals that fit into specific categories. This kind of segmentation is simple and easy to use, especially when used with the Mass User Email and Export to CSV features, as you can target groups of students based on those segments.
Affiliates - Filter for affiliates currently assigned to or excluded from a specific course or bundle
Amount Spent - Define an amount (ie. "less than $10) to filter by the total amount spent by a customer
Course Admin - Filter to view Course Admins
Email - Filter by email (good for filtering my company emails)
Enrolled In - Define a course or bundle you can view a list of all users enrolled
Enrollment Status - View active or expired enrollments
External Source - If the user is created by an external source. At this time, the only value this field will have automatically is Infusionsoft if the user was created via the Infusionsoft integration
Group Analyst - Filter to view Group Analysts
Group Name - Filter by Group name
Has Purchased - Filter by users who have purchased courses, communities or bundles.
Imported - Allows you to filter by users that were imported using our Import Students From File feature
IP Address - Filter by the IP Address a user account last signed in from. A user account's IP address will update with the network they are using every time they sign in
Last Sign In was - Filter by a date selector if sign-in was Before, After, Between, On, or Never
Name - Filter or search by name
Progress - Filter by course progress by percentage. Ex. Progress is less than or equal to 20%
Referral - Filter by referrals made by affiliates.
Role - Filter by user role Ex. Course admins
Used Coupon - Filter by the name of a coupon or specific code used Ex. "SpringPromo2018"
User(s) Created - Filter by the calendar date a user account was created Before, After, Between, or On
Examples of Filter Use Cases
Here are some ways you might segment your users and reach out to them:
- Message students who are at a certain progress point in one of your courses
- Distribute coupons for your course to a specific audience, and then segment your new students to see who signed up using that coupon code and contact them with a targeted message.
- Segment users who signed up for a free preview, but didn't purchase the full course following their preview.
- Contact students who didn't complete a course, and haven't logged in since a certain date.
- When you update a course with new content, let students who purchased a course before know that their course has been updated.
- Contact all users who signed up from the same company email domain
- View all students who have made purchases - This group is the most likely to buy again in the future!
- Notify affiliates of changes to your program that will help them promote your courses.
Bookmark Filtered Searches
There are three bookmarked filter presets in your account to help you get started:
- Student Needing Encouragement
Users who have completed less than or equal to 99% of the course you specify.
- Free Student Accounts
Users who have accounts created, but haven't purchased anything on your site.
- Inactive Student Accounts
Users who haven't logged in for a while.
You can also bookmark any searches you find useful or delete them if they're no longer useful.