If you are logged into your Thinkific account and want change your password, or if you need to manually edit one of student's passwords, you can do this from the dashboard!
If you have forgotten your password, see How to Reset Your Password.
To Change a Password
- In your Admin Dashboard, select Support Your Students
- Choose Users
- Use the search bar or scroll down to find the appropriate user, and select the ellipses (three dots) next to their name
- Select Edit
- Click on the Password section, and enter a new password
- Click Save:
If it was your own password, you're all done!
If you are resetting a password for a student, we have some more secure methods here: How can students change their passwords?
Reset Token Failed
If you've attempted to reset your password, you may see a message upon activating your reset password link error: reset token failed.
You may be seeing this message for a couple different reasons:
- The reset password token is only valid for 6 hours, so if you or your student click the email more than 6 hours after receiving it, the token will be expired.
- If the reset password button is hit more than once, only the most recent email token will be valid. (meaning any prior email tokens will be invalid). If you've reset your password several times, you may see this error because you have not clicked on the most recent password reset link.
- Whether you are resetting your own password, or supporting your students as they reset theirs, be sure to hit the reset button only once and wait for 5 - 10 minutes to receive the email (do not click it several times if the email does not come through immediately)
And there you have it! Now you can reset your own or your student's password.